IT Professional, Fortune 500 Transportation Services Company
A Fortune 500 transportation services company had a payback period of 0-3 months in operational efficiencies when using the nGeniusONE platform
Roadblocks to Transportation Services’ IT Success
It may seem counterintuitive, but digital transformation is having a profound impact on the transportation industry. New applications and services are changing the way we purchase goods and services, which puts increasing pressure on the transportation and shipping industry to meet changing demands. Some of the factors at play include: expanding air, freight, vessel, and vehicle fleets; maintaining uptime, responsiveness, and security of complex, high-speed reservation management systems, baggage and package tracking services, and Web-based payment services; and managing possible expansion into transformative technologies, like vehicle-share and drone-based delivery services. Failure to adapt to this rapidly evolving environment could have serious implications for transportation companies, thereby putting IT in the hot seat to ensure the performance of vital infrastructure.
Supporting Transportation Services Through Improved IT Performance Management
With today’s digital economy bringing rapidly growing physical delivery demands, Transportation IT organizations are increasingly relying on the health of wired and wireless networks, as well as cloud performance and Traffic Control and Delivery Tracking applications. IT teams must also ensure infrastructure can comply with relevant specifications, including Positive Train Control (PTC), Payment Card Industry (PCI), and U.S. Department of Transportation Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) standards.
As a result, with today’s highly complex Transportation Services’ needs, IT teams require:
- Wire-speed responsiveness and real-time performance analytics to effectively react to the constant demand for faster execution and assurance that planes, trains, vessels, and vehicles arrive on time
- Flexible, scalable service assurance platform capable of providing real-time, end-to-end performance visibility into the organization’s complex delivery networks and applications upon which they rely
- A vendor-neutral solution that enables IT resources to effectively address wired and wireless environments, converged network and cloud, application, and UC&C performance requirements and assists organizational efforts to meet standards compliance
NETSCOUT’s Service Assurance Solutions Shift Transportation IT into High Gear
Let’s be honest; the IT world is changing nearly every day and the only thing you can count on in the future is continued change. This means the solutions you rely on to ensure that your services and applications are reliable must be able to adapt with your ever-changing environment. That’s where NETSCOUT can make a difference.
Whether you operate physical appliances to monitor traditional workloads or measure the performance of virtualized systems, NETSCOUT software solutions and hardware-independent architecture are designed to operate in your environment of choice. We support physical systems, virtual systems, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) implementations, as well as private, public, and hybrid cloud.
NETSCOUT knows the only effective way to monitor your complex and geographically dispersed systems, which often rely on different architectures and technologies, is by focusing on the packet.
Our patented Adaptive Service Intelligence (ASI) technology analyzes traffic at the packet level to provide proactive service assurance.
Many of the today’s leading Transportation Services organizations rely on NETSCOUT’s unique combination of performance analytics and visibility to address continuous performance management demands, including:
- Assuring a secure, high-quality passenger experience with reservation, payment, baggage/package handling, PTC, and contact center services through improved visibility and in-depth performance analysis
- Transforming voluminous wire traffic and NetFlow data into metadata which is then leveraged to proactively monitor and manage the IT infrastructure
- Providing wired and wireless visibility into cloud environments to reduce troubleshooting time and optimize service levels from vendor partners
- Providing a real-time Service Dashboard with integrated service alerting that enables proactive problem solving and mitigates problem escalation for reduced mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) cycles
- Presenting views of network capacity utilization and performance analytics required to plan for future needs based on past trends
- Providing evidence of service level agreements (SLAs) and standards compliance
The transportation industry has unique challenges and IT has an increasingly important role to play in keeping vital infrastructure up-to-date and able to handle the demands of digital transformation.
- Case Studies
- Data Sheets
nGeniusONE Uncovers Source of Application Outages, Enables Improved Network Performance
nGeniusONE offers deep insights and analysis into application performance and response times.Download PDF
Agency Solves Two-Month-Old Problem in 2 Minutes with nGeniusONE
NETSCOUT Solution Addresses Diverse Network, UC, and Microsoft Office 365 Rollout ChallengesDownload PDF