Visibility into OTT Traffic
To support their customer’s constantly growing use of Over The Top (OTT) content, network operators are distributing content acquisition and caching toward the edge of their networks, and working with CDN providers to bring more content on-net. Now more than ever, visibility into Over The Top (OTT) traffic is imperative for network operators to optimize the usage of available network capacity, maintain a quality user experience, reduce costs and increase revenue. But gaining this level of visibility at scale comes with two main challenges:
- Traditional network telemetry (e.g. Netflow) provides scalable, cost-effective layer 3/4 visibility, but lacks the visibility into the service layer.
- Mapping traffic onto OTT services is complicated by the many and varied delivery mechanisms. e.g. a single CDN node delivering content for multiple services.
How NETSCOUT Helps
NETSCOUT’s Smart Visibility solution consists of NETSCOUT’s ISNG, Arbor Sightline and Arbor Insight. Smart Visibility combines and correlates layer 3/4 Netflow and BGP telemetry with packet-derived DNS data to provide the ultimate in scalable service layer visibility.
With NETSCOUT Smart Visibility You Can:
- Gain accurate visibility into the OTT services being accessed across any network, at any scale.
- Understand ’who’ uses ‘what’ service, ‘where’, and ‘how’ service traffic crosses the network.
- Optimize network utilization to reduce costs and improve customer experience.
- Identify new revenue opportunities and partnerships.
Visualize and report traffic utilization with unrestricted multi-dimensional filters over any time period using any combination of facets.
- Maximize the value of collected data.
- Utilize Business Intelligence for custom reporting, interactive dashboards etc..
- Export data to data lakes for integration with third—party tools and datasets
With NETSCOUT Smart Visibility
With Arbor Sightline OTT Visibility