Cyber Security Technologist, APAC
Philippe Alcoy currently serves as APAC security technologist for NETSCOUT, where he works across the research, strategy, and presales of DDoS threat detection, investigation, and mitigation solutions for service providers and enterprises in the Asia Pacific region.
Alcoy has more than 20 years of experience in the IT security risk and compliance industry. Prior to joining NETSCOUT, he spent more than 15 years in technical leadership, consulting, and management roles for vulnerability scanning, penetration-testing, and compliance-monitoring vendors in Europe and Asia. Alcoy was born in a little town south of Lyon, France, and began his technology career enjoying reverse-engineering games on his Oric Atmos computer and then partaking in the demo scene with his Amiga 500.
Alcoy has been based in Bangkok, Thailand, for more than 10 years.
- —Economie Matin (FR): Gaming: Why is it attracting the interest of DDoS attackers and how to protect it?
- —The Fintech Times (UK): NETSCOUT Discovers DDoS Extortion Campaign Is Re-Targeting the Finance Industry
- —Global Banking and Finance Review (UK): NETSCOUT discovers significant rise in DDoS attacks against the financial sector in 2020
- —JDN (FR): DDoS is not playing the game; Executive byline, Philippe Alcoy
- —Economie Matin (FR) Preparation and Anticipation, Keys to a Successful Security
- —Solutions Numériques (FR) Exclusive expert piece - Cybersecurity: why decrypt crypted traffic?
- —JDN (FR) – What will mobile security be like in 2020?
- —Global Security Mag (FR) – IoT : securing connected devices as we secure our home
- —Informatique News (FR) IoT: securing connected objects as we protect our house. Philippe Alcoy, Netscout
- —JDN (FR): How to Gain Visibility in Cloud Deployments—and Why It Matters