Adapt to Survive
NETSCOUT’s Oslo Lunch & Learn will be hosted by Chief Technology Officer for Security, Darren Anstee. During the session he will look at, and discuss, the following topics:
- The latest, comprehensive view of the DDoS threat landscape
- The latest research from ASERT; how attackers are adapting their attacks, globally and locally.
- The methodologies attackers are adopting, which attack vectors are currently being used, and the infrastructure being exploited, and utilised, to generate attack traffic.
- NETSCOUT’s new Adaptive DDoS Strategy
- Designed to use intelligence driven automation, see how to more quickly and easily detect, classify and mitigate attacks.
- Learn how Adaptive DDoS provides network operators of all sizes the means to better adapt to the changes in the DDoS threat landscape, whilst accelerating attack response and reducing operational overhead.
Our guest speaker, Claes Sahlström, Head of DDoS Management at Telia, will talk about how their team have pushed the DDoS-service to a more open, and customer orientated, way of working. He will also share how they have enhanced the system in numerous countries implementing Sentinel and AIF as well as increasing scrubbing capacity.
EXPERIENCE: A unique opportunity to practice hands-on network security defense!
Join us for an afternoon of learning today's critical DDoS defense skills.
You’ll learn how DDoS countermeasures work, followed by a role-playing session where you will get to be both the defender and the attacker. Your takeaway will be the knowledge of how attackers make their moves and how to use many of the current best practices in DDoS defense today.
You will need a laptop or a tablet for the simulation exercises.
DATE: 23rd May, 2023
09:30 - 10:00: Registration
10:00 - 10:05: Welcome
10:05 - 11:00: Update on the Threat Landscape and Evolution of DDoS Attacks
11:00 - 11:30: Break
11:30 – 12:00: Customer Presentation
12:00 – 12:45: Adaptive DDoS with focus on Automation and use of AI to automate detection & mitigation
12:45 – 14:15: Lunch
14:15 – 16:30: DDoS Simulation Game
16:30 – 16:40: Round Up
17:00: Close and Depart
LOCATION: Grand Hotel Oslo, Karl Johans gate 31, 0159 Oslo, Norway