Roland Dobbins is a Principal Engineer on NETSCOUT’s ASERT Team. He has more than three decades of operational and architectural experience in the service provider (SP) and large enterprise arenas, designing, deploying, operating, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting and defending many of the largest, highest-visibility networks in the world.
He is a recognized industry leader in the fields of DDoS defense, security operations (secops), and network telemetry, and has an extensive background in security product/feature innovation, devising security requirements for network infrastructure, and protocol design. His focus is on enhancing the availability, resilience, scalability and security of the network infrastructure and the applications/services it enables, with an emphasis on flexible and resilient global service delivery capabilities.
- —The Power of Names
- —HTTP/2 'Rapid Reset' Application-Layer DDoS Attacks Targeting Shared Cloud Computing, SaaS, and CDN Infrastructure Providers
- —Service Location Protocol (SLP) Reflection/Amplification Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- —Mēris & Dvinis Botnets
- —High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks Against SIP/RTP VoIP Providers
- —HTTP Reflection/Amplification via Abusable Internet Censorship Systems
- —DHCPDiscover Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- —Fancy Lazarus DDoS Extortion Campaign
- —Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Reflection/Amplification
- —TsuNAME Zone Cyclic Dependency-Induced Recursive DNS Query Cascade