Roland Dobbins is a Principal Engineer on NETSCOUT’s ASERT Team. He has more than three decades of operational and architectural experience in the service provider (SP) and large enterprise arenas, designing, deploying, operating, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting and defending many of the largest, highest-visibility networks in the world.
He is a recognized industry leader in the fields of DDoS defense, security operations (secops), and network telemetry, and has an extensive background in security product/feature innovation, devising security requirements for network infrastructure, and protocol design. His focus is on enhancing the availability, resilience, scalability and security of the network infrastructure and the applications/services it enables, with an emphasis on flexible and resilient global service delivery capabilities.
- Apr 25, 2023—Service Location Protocol (SLP) Reflection/Amplification Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Nov 18, 2021—Mēris & Dvinis Botnets
- Oct 22, 2021—High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks Against SIP/RTP VoIP Providers
- Aug 20, 2021—HTTP Reflection/Amplification via Abusable Internet Censorship Systems
- Jul 07, 2021—DHCPDiscover Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Jun 22, 2021—Fancy Lazarus DDoS Extortion Campaign
- Jun 02, 2021—Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Reflection/Amplification
- May 12, 2021—TsuNAME Zone Cyclic Dependency-Induced Recursive DNS Query Cascade
- Mar 16, 2021—Datagram Transport Layer Security (D/TLS) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Feb 04, 2021—Plex Media SSDP (PMSSDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations