Avoid Service Interruptions with Precise, Scalable DDoS Attack Mitigation
When a North American facilities-based carrier specializing in fiber optic networking, Cloud and Voice services began transitioning infrastructure to the cloud to better serve its customers, the network team observed a significant number of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks and associated service performance issues. With legacy solutions no longer effective the carrier sought a more scalable, automated and intelligent DDoS protection solution to maintain best-in-class services for their growing client base of businesses, schools and governments organizations.
DDoS protection by NETSCOUT® offered:
- The deployment scale and flexibility (appliance/software-only) to deliver comprehensive DDoS detection across the entire service provider network.
- Automated attack mitigation leveraging both network and intelligent DDoS moderation capabilities, reducing cost and operational overhead.
- Up to 400Gbps of mitigation capability per 2U appliance, 8Tbps per deployment.
- Full visibility of network traffic for capacity planning and traffic engineering.
With the solution in place, engineers gained a better understanding of network traffic, customer behavior and the DDoS attack activity across the network. This information allowed them to improve traffic engineering, evaluate peering relationships and ultimately ensure service performance.
Improvements in the provider’s ability to detect and respond to DDoS attacks, reduced operational overhead with automation and improved customer experience.
- Unparalleled visibility and industry-proven workflows enable efficient and effective mitigation of DDoS attacks including volumetric, application layer and hidden SSL threats.
- Complete visibility of network activity to optimize usage of deployed resources.
- Market leading capability and lowest TCO.