Senior Network Security Analyst
Steinthor Bjarnason is a Senior Network Security Analyst on NETSCOUT's ASERT team, performing applied research on new technologies and solutions to defend against DDoS attacks.
Steinthor has over twenty years of experience working on Internet Security, IoT Security, Cloud Security, SDN Security, Core Network Security and DDoS attack mitigation. Steinthor is an inventor and principal of the Cisco Autonomic Networking Initiative, with a specific focus on Security Automation where he holds a number of related patents.
- Nov 18, 2021—Mēris & Dvinis Botnets
- Oct 22, 2021—High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks Against SIP/RTP VoIP Providers
- Aug 20, 2021—HTTP Reflection/Amplification via Abusable Internet Censorship Systems
- Jul 07, 2021—DHCPDiscover Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Jun 22, 2021—Fancy Lazarus DDoS Extortion Campaign
- Jun 02, 2021—Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Reflection/Amplification
- May 12, 2021—TsuNAME Zone Cyclic Dependency-Induced Recursive DNS Query Cascade
- Mar 16, 2021—Datagram Transport Layer Security (D/TLS) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Feb 04, 2021—Plex Media SSDP (PMSSDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Jan 20, 2021—Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations - January 2021