Senior Network Security Analyst
Steinthor Bjarnason is a Senior Network Security Analyst on NETSCOUT's ASERT team, performing applied research on new technologies and solutions to defend against DDoS attacks.
Steinthor has over twenty years of experience working on Internet Security, IoT Security, Cloud Security, SDN Security, Core Network Security and DDoS attack mitigation. Steinthor is an inventor and principal of the Cisco Autonomic Networking Initiative, with a specific focus on Security Automation where he holds a number of related patents.
- Oct 13, 2020—Lazarus Bear Armada (LBA) DDoS Extortion Attack Campaign — October 2020
- Sep 03, 2020—High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks — September 2020
- Apr 02, 2020—Evolution of a New DDoS Technique
- Nov 26, 2019—The Next Big DDoS Event Is Just Around the Corner. Or Is It?
- Nov 20, 2019—Innovation and Product Development Is Accelerating—On the Wrong Side
- Nov 18, 2019—Was Memcached a Turning Point?
- Sep 16, 2019—DDoS Attacks Hit Hard in September
- Jun 26, 2019—A Call to ARMS: Apple Remote Management Service UDP Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attacks