Roland Dobbins is a Principal Engineer on NETSCOUT’s ASERT Team. He has more than 30 years of operational experience in the service provider (SP) and large enterprise arenas, designing, deploying, operating, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting and defending many of the highest-visibility networks in the world. He is a recognized industry leader in the fields of operational security (opsec) and network telemetry, and has an extensive background in security product/feature innovation, devising operational security requirements for network infrastructure devices and protocol design. His focus is on extending the availability, scalability and security of the network infrastructure and the applications/services it enables, with an emphasis on flexible and resilient global service delivery capabilities.
- Sep 03, 2020—High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks — September 2020
- Jun 23, 2020—Last Week in DDoS...
- Apr 21, 2020—Measuring the Cruellest Month
- Apr 02, 2020—Evolution of a New DDoS Technique
- Mar 20, 2020—Availability in the Time of COVID-19
- Jun 26, 2019—A Call to ARMS: Apple Remote Management Service UDP Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attacks
- May 22, 2018—The Importance of Being Accurate: SSDP Diffraction Attacks, UDP Refraction Attacks, and UPnP NAT Bypass
- Feb 27, 2018—memcached Reflection/Amplification Description and DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Aug 31, 2017—Down to the WireX
- Oct 26, 2016—Mirai IoT Botnet Description and DDoS Attack Mitigation