Roland Dobbins is a Principal Engineer on NETSCOUT’s ASERT Team. He has more than 30 years of operational experience in the service provider (SP) and large enterprise arenas, designing, deploying, operating, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting and defending many of the highest-visibility networks in the world. He is a recognized industry leader in the fields of operational security (opsec) and network telemetry, and has an extensive background in security product/feature innovation, devising operational security requirements for network infrastructure devices and protocol design. His focus is on extending the availability, scalability and security of the network infrastructure and the applications/services it enables, with an emphasis on flexible and resilient global service delivery capabilities.
- Jul 07, 2021—DHCPDiscover Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Jun 22, 2021—Fancy Lazarus DDoS Extortion Campaign
- Jun 02, 2021—Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Reflection/Amplification
- May 12, 2021—TsuNAME Zone Cyclic Dependency-Induced Recursive DNS Query Cascade
- Mar 16, 2021—Datagram Transport Layer Security (D/TLS) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Feb 04, 2021—Plex Media SSDP (PMSSDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Jan 20, 2021—Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations - January 2021
- Dec 29, 2020—Lazarus Bear Armada DDoS Extortion Campaign — December 2020
- Sep 03, 2020—High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks — September 2020
- Jun 23, 2020—Last Week in DDoS...
- Apr 21, 2020—Measuring the Cruellest Month
- Apr 02, 2020—Evolution of a New DDoS Technique