Steinthor Bjarnason is a Principal Security Engineer on the NETSCOUT’s ASERT team, performing applied research on new technologies and solutions to defend against DDoS attacks with specific focus on automated DDoS detection and mitigation. Steinthor has been an active participant in the IT industry for more than 36 years, with primary focus on Internet Security, Cloud Security, SDN Security, Core Network Security and DDoS attack mitigation.
Steinthor is an active inventor, currently holding more than 10 patents within the areas of Security Automation and DDoS Detection/Mitigation. In addition he is a co-author of IETF RFC7575 and RFC8994 and holds a CCIE Security certification.
- Apr 25, 2023—Service Location Protocol (SLP) Reflection/Amplification Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Nov 18, 2021—Mēris & Dvinis Botnets
- Oct 22, 2021—High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks Against SIP/RTP VoIP Providers
- Aug 20, 2021—HTTP Reflection/Amplification via Abusable Internet Censorship Systems
- Jul 07, 2021—DHCPDiscover Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Jun 22, 2021—Fancy Lazarus DDoS Extortion Campaign
- Jun 02, 2021—Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Reflection/Amplification
- May 12, 2021—TsuNAME Zone Cyclic Dependency-Induced Recursive DNS Query Cascade
- Mar 16, 2021—Datagram Transport Layer Security (D/TLS) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- Feb 04, 2021—Plex Media SSDP (PMSSDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations