Steinthor Bjarnason is a Principal Security Engineer on the NETSCOUT’s ASERT team, performing applied research on new technologies and solutions to defend against DDoS attacks with specific focus on automated DDoS detection and mitigation. Steinthor has been an active participant in the IT industry for more than 36 years, with primary focus on Internet Security, Cloud Security, SDN Security, Core Network Security and DDoS attack mitigation.
Steinthor is an active inventor, currently holding more than 10 patents within the areas of Security Automation and DDoS Detection/Mitigation. In addition he is a co-author of IETF RFC7575 and RFC8994 and holds a CCIE Security certification.
- —Service Location Protocol (SLP) Reflection/Amplification Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- —Mēris & Dvinis Botnets
- —High-Profile DDoS Extortion Attacks Against SIP/RTP VoIP Providers
- —HTTP Reflection/Amplification via Abusable Internet Censorship Systems
- —DHCPDiscover Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- —Fancy Lazarus DDoS Extortion Campaign
- —Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Reflection/Amplification
- —TsuNAME Zone Cyclic Dependency-Induced Recursive DNS Query Cascade
- —Datagram Transport Layer Security (D/TLS) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations
- —Plex Media SSDP (PMSSDP) Reflection/Amplification DDoS Attack Mitigation Recommendations