Reducing the Bumps in Migrating to 5G/LTE and VoLTE
The technical evolution is inherently full of bumps in the road. In today’s competitive environment, the additional risk is the last thing you need. As you migrate to newer technology, you need proactive service assurance for 5G/4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) and Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) to manage your IP network transformation, allowing you to fully support the demand and growth around voice, data, and video services – and focus on delivering a flawless user experience.
Intelligent Network Monitoring and Reduced Incidents
The nGeniusONE Service Assurance platform and ASI technology provide detailed IP-level insight of the control and user plane, end-to-end visibility and assurance into the subscriber, network, and service domains. With the optional nGenius Subscriber Intelligence application, you can gain even greater insight into subscriber sessions and understanding into both device and application performance, as well voice traffic (VoLTE).
End-to-end and hop-by-hop coverage of both the LTE network and IMS network provides mobile service providers with the requisite visibility to proactively monitor voice quality and perform swift service triage to protect their investment in their next-gen voice network. Service Provider grade solutions with capabilities of the nGeniusONE Service Assurance platform and ASI technology include:
- Proactive network performance monitoring of all sessions
- Unprecedented access-to-core visibility
- Predictive analytics to help prevent service degradation
- Intuitive network and service troubleshooting workflows
- Extensive back-in-time forensic analysis
- Full visibility into significant revenue and over-the-top services
- Detailed drilldown into control, data, and user domains
- Broad support for LTE-specific metrics
- Watch over over all systems, services, and vulnerabilities with vigilance today and into the future
LTE & VOLTE Screen Views – Carousel (what’s special)
VoLTE Never Sounded So Good
Assuring a VoLTE call essentially means being able to monitor two related sessions simultaneously. Before a voice over LTE session can occur, the subscriber device must connect to both the LTE and IMS networks and then establish a VoLTE session which effectively runs over-the-top (OTT) of the LTE network. (illustration of 1,2 & 3)
- To connect to the LTE network, the subscriber must first have their device attach to the radio network then, get authenticated, authorized and have accounting procedures performed, domains translated to route signaling messaging to switches (DNS query) and a session established before the bearer is modified.
- Once the subscriber is connected to the LTE network, the subscriber must be registered to the IMS network and then the SIP session signaling will commence. The SIP signaling to establish a VoIP session with RTP for the media will run over the LTE user plane interfaces.
- Accordingly, NETSCOUT provides both an end-to-end and hop-by-hop view to effectively monitor and perform service triage on VoLTE sessions. With that level of visibility it’s possible to take a proactive monitoring approach where you deconstruct the LTE/VoLTE/IMS sessions into their essential procedures:
- radio attachment
- authentication and authorization
- session establishment in LTE
- registration in IMS
- voice quality measurement, and session termination
With this approach network operations and engineering can effectively monitor the sessions for all subscribers with a “top down” approach. If there is degradation in any step of the session model proactive measures can be taken to mediate that issue before a service outage occurs.
Over 30 Years in Network Management
NetScout provides time-proven solutions that unlock the power of traffic-based data to efficiently deliver service intelligence in the world’s largest and most demanding networks. Let us show you how the nGeniusONE Service Assurance platform and ASI technology can help you gain access to real-time, traffic-based intelligence, so you can achieve service assurance for 4G, LTE and VoLTE.