How to Automate Testing In Your Lab
Watch this demo to see how NETSCOUT’s TestStream Lab Manager can:
- Control your layer-1 switch infrastructure using a drag-and-drop topology builder
- Manage all lab resources using a built-in reservation system
- Execute remote scripts when a reservation starts and when it ends
- Integrate with 3rd party applications and your existing user authentication system
Automating a test lab provides an organization the opportunity to test devices, applications, and services faster and to establish 24/7 operations from anywhere in the world. Test lab automation can greatly improve the cycle time of repetitive test procedures such as regression testing and build, and performance tests. The use of layer 1, or physical layer, matrix switches can help simplify the network by providing instant and reliable topology changes via software, versus the error-prone and time-consuming option of manual cable moves.
What Is Test Lab Automation and Why Is It Important?
Test Lab Automation is the practice of testing applications and devices in a more efficient way than executing tests manually. While there are various levels of Test Lab Automation, a robust Test Lab Automation solution should enable you to:
- Schedule tests and reserve resources ahead of time
- Create test network topologies before a test starts
- Tear down a test network topology when a test ends
- Maximize usage of test lab resources
- Execute tests 24x7 without the need for human intervention
- Minimize the use of equipment that is not part of the test, e.g. routing infrastructure
- Utilize Layer 1 switching infrastructure to create test topologies
Test Automation has become a commonly-used term in Application and Cloud companies. Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud-based applications dominate the product development landscape in the B2B and B2C markets. Test Automation in the form of continuous regression of these applications has become a widely-used practice in AGILE and Container-based Dev Ops environments.
Schedule a live demo by contacting us today.
nGenius TestStream Management Software
Meet the demands of complex test lab environments Today’s rapidly evolving, complex test lab environments are placing significant demands on your organization.
What is Test Lab Automation?
Learn more about Test Lab Automation, Lab as a Service (LaaS), Layer-1 Switches and other related concepts and terminology.