Global Hospitality Company Turns to NETSCOUT for Network Visibility in New Venue
- Need to create pervasive network visibility to meet data privacy and network performance requirements in a hospitality environment, where both regulatory constraints and customer expectations are high
- The team needed to support a new data center, and do so within tight budget constraints, at the same time providing a solid foundation for today’s and future requirements
- nGenius® 5010 packet flow switches provide a scalable, software-driven approach
- The nGenius 5010 packet flow switch appliances support both service assurance and cyber security systems
- The port density and cost-effective advantages of the new nGenius 5000 series platform won the deal for NETSCOUT®
- The COTS-based (commodity off the shelf) solution was also attractive as it provided opportunities to scale visibility into the network in the future without locking into a proprietary hardware architecture
- Network team is confident nGenius will meet current and future network visibility needs to meet customer experience expectations
This global hospitality and entertainment company is developing a new, high-capacity resort and casino in the U.S. The publicly-trade company’s properties include casinos, hotels, entertainment venues, resorts and golf courses around the world. Casinos have fully embraced the Internet of Things when it comes to network connected gaming machines, electronic transfer of funds, point of sale operations across hotel, theatres, retail stores and high-end restaurants, loyalty programs and Wi-Fi across the facility. Customers’ experiences at these resorts are influenced by the performance of the networked application services throughout their stay. Poor word of mouth spreads like a wildfire on social media these days making proactive visibility to ensure service and security assurance essential.
For a world-class resort and entertainment business, keeping the customer’s happy is job one. With the construction of a new resort and casino underway, building out an on-site data center presented the network team with the challenge of ensuring pervasive network visibility, not just for certain segments and certain tools, but all traffic to all monitoring tools. This was critical in order to meet data privacy and network performance requirements where both regulatory constraints and customer expectations are exceedingly high. The team needed to support its service assurance and cyber security systems, and do so within tight budget constraints.
The network team evaluated several vendors, with a goal of providing a solid foundation for both today’s and future requirements. Most vendor solutions were either too costly or provided limited visibility. IT needed a solution that could ensure the security of data and smooth network operations, which in turn would support delivery of the highest quality guest experience.
NETSCOUT’s newly introduced nGenius 5000 series packet flow switch met the company’s critical needs. The nGenius 5010 packet flow switches provide a software-driven and cost-effective visibility into network performance. These versatile appliances provide traffic-flow management for both service assurance and cyber security systems.
NETSCOUT Solution in Action
nGenius 5000 series packet flow switches support speeds from 1Gbps to 100Gbps, providing core packet broker functionality, such as filtering, load balancing, aggregation, and replication, wherever packet broker ports are needed. Enabled with self-organizing mesh technology, these innovative packet flow switches can easily scale to meet the hospitality company’s expanding network and datacenter monitoring needs. As a result, the network team now has the necessary visibility to ensure smooth network operations for a high-quality customer experience at the new gaming and hospitality facility.
The global hospitality company understands the value of a high-quality customer experience in their facilities, particularly as this brand-new resort was attracting new patrons. In choosing the nGenius 5000 series packet flow switches, the network team was able to achieve all of its critical IT visibility objectives for service and security assurance. The port density and cost advantages of the new NETSCOUT platform made this a safe bet for the business.
The COTS-based (commodity off the shelf) solution delivered additional benefits, including providing opportunities to scale visibility into the network in the future without having to lock into a proprietary hardware architecture. NETSCOUT’s open architecture approach was viewed as the “wave of the future” and the network team felt confident selecting nGenius for their current and future network visibility needs.