Today’s business services are no longer comprised of a single application, but rather a collection of applications, middleware, network elements and technology enablers that work in unison. The resulting complexity of these services, combined with the underlying network foundation, create significant challenges for IT organizations tasked with assuring the user experience. Monitoring all of these moving parts remains profoundly difficult for the IT organization, which is overrun by an explosion of point management tools and drowning in disconnected metrics that yield limited insight into the actual delivered services and related user experience. Monitoring supplication transactions within a server are useful, when diagnosing application performance issues, but do not represent the actual service performance experienced by the end user. To address the complexities of today’s enterprise business services, the IT organization must transform from simply monitoring network or application component performance, to managing services in the context of delivery to understand the user’s experience.
NetScout’s Unified Service Delivery Management framework provides a foundation from which to construct a dynamic, scalable and sustainable approach to managing business services in delivery context. A top-down, holistic approach, helps align IT operations with business objectives while improving service quality and reliability, to efficiently deliver consistent and high-quality service levels. As a result, the IT organization gains a truly unified view of the service delivery environment – one that extends from the data center, through the network, to the users while enabling a view into all applications and services to enable higher quality service levels while better meeting user demand and expectations.
To address the unique challenges of managing User Experience, NetScout’s Unified Service Delivery Management framework extends beyond the scope of component-focused APM approached by monitoring both applications and networks to reveal the performance and interrelationships of all service elements, providing a more relevant view into the availability, quality and service levels of all business services. The result is a more holistic view into user experience that surpasses the benefits of monitoring just the network or just the application and enables network, application and service delivery managers to:
- Optimize application response times by understanding how resources are being consumed to avoid quality of experience issues
- Manage application performance in context with service delivery using unified real-time and historical views of actual user sessions and transactions
- Proactively identify application performance degradations using automated intelligent anomaly detection to identify emerging problems before large numbers of users are impacted
- Accelerate application problem triage and resolution with an overview of the end-to-end service delivery environment enabling the IT organization to quickly identify root cause to triage, identify and resolve performance issues
- Simplify operations and improve efficiency to make better informed decisions about application performance to assure end-users have access to the services they need in order to meet their business goals
The nGeniusONE Unified Performance Management platform converges Application and Network Performance Management (APM and NPM) functionality into a single unified platform that delivers a top-down, serviced-focused perspective of performance characteristics of all infrastructure and application elements associated with service delivery. The platform correlates application and network metrics to fully expose the end-to-end performance and responsiveness of any service – with deep visibility into hop-by-hop transaction latency, service requests and load, new and active sessions, and correlated application and network errors. This service-centric approach reveals critical interactions and dependencies between the infrastructure and application tiers across complex and distributed environments, to identify and solve problems that host and agent-based APM approaches cannot. Consequently, IT organizations can more effectively manage the health and availability of diverse application environments to proactively identify performance issues, more effectively triage impact and quickly identify the root cause of problems.
With a growing reliance on always-on service availability, IT professionals need to simplify managing service delivery complexities with relevant, service-oriented insight that aligns with how the business consumes these services to efficiently deliver consistent and high-quality service levels. The nGeniusONE platform delivers timely and actionable service delivery management insight to effectively assure service availability and quality and protect the user experience. The comprehensive and detailed network and application visibility enables IT staff to:
- Optimize IT service delivery environments to achieve peak operating efficiencies for networks, applications and services to better leveraging existing investments
- Improve visibility into complex virtual and cloud delivery environments while leveraging existing investments
- Protect the user experience and deliver consistent and reliable service levels by predicting and preventing performance issues before users are affected
- Gain new visibility into potential threats and risks to service delivery not seen by traditional security solutions
- Simplify the complexity of managing campus, multi-location and remote environments while streamlining IT operations to lower TCO, improve productivity and free up resources