Unified Communications (UC) is all about improving collaboration and boosting business productivity. The successful adoption of UC services, such as VoIP, Video Conferencing, Telepresence and Desktop Video, assumes that service quality will be sufficient for users to interact effectively and consistently.
Assuring the quality of UC services is not an easy task. UC services are complex and require unforgiving performance levels with always-on availability to meet the high expectations of users and the organization. The reality is that many UC deployments fail to achieve the internal traction desired due to poor user experiences. Underperforming Unified Communications (UC) deployments lead to erosion in savings and productivity due to increased management costs and dissatisfied users.
NetScout simplifies UC performance management by providing real-time visibility into end-to-end service performance for voice and video sessions that enables powerful analysis and troubleshooting for both proactive and reactive service management tasks.
Providing a service-oriented perspective of delivered UC services, NetScout’s nGenius solutions enable the IT organization to:
- Deliver consistent and reliable service levels for Voice and Video UC services to protect the user experience
- Transform service management from reactive to proactive by automating detection of emerging performance problems to predict and prevent issues before users are impacted
- Quickly triage and identify underlying causes of UC service performance problems in both the network and UC application
- Simplify managing complex multi-location, multi-vendor UC environments
- Optimize and accelerate new UC application rollouts
NetScout enables the implementation of a unified strategy for managing and optimizing the delivery of UC services to assure service quality and deliver a consistent user experience. NetScout’s holistic approach enables IT organizations to manage business data and UC services side-by-side to assure reliable and high quality performance levels for a broad range of real-time UC services including:
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Desktop Video
- Video Conferencing
To assure UC deployment success, NetScout’s nGenius solutions support new service rollout and ongoing UC service management for enterprise communication and call center environments. The nGenuis solution supports a broad complement of vendors including Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft Lync, IBM Sametime and many others, helping to consolidate UC service management for highly complex, multi-location, multi-vendor environments.
NetScout empowers the IT organization to achieve peak operating efficiencies, protect the user experience, deliver consistent and reliable service levels by predicting and preventing performance issues, and simplify the management of complex, high-performance environments. This helps the IT organization lower the TCO of managing UC services, and improves overall IT staff collaboration and productivity.
Products for Supporting Unified Communication Deployments
- nGeniusONE Unified Performance Management platform – provides rich and unified insight into all delivered services within a monitored environments. Combining network and application metrics, nGeniusONE delivers a unified view into data and UC performance, including the cross-impact data and UC services may create
- nGenius Voice | Video Manager – a specialized UC performance management module that provides deep application-level insight into UC services. nGenius Voice | Video Manager dynamically measures and extracts granular call and session quality as well as user experience metrics from active UC media streams. Collected metrics are correlated to provide a unique view into UC service behavior for granular per-user, per-session visibility into UC application-level behavior on a per-user, per-call basis. nGenius Voice | Video Manager can be deployed as a standalone UC performance management solution, or may be used in conjunction with the nGeniusONE platform to gain specialized and deep-dive insight into voice and video session to analyze RTP stream data in real-time along call paths