Test Lab Automation Infrastructure Solutions
Improving Efficiency, Speed, and Performance in Network and Application Test Labs.
Under pressure to do more with less, test lab professionals are focused on getting better utilization out of test tools, consolidating global resources, and deploying effective test lab automation across all test labs – within an organization’s campus, throughout a city, or across the world.
Complexity of test labs present costly problem
The rapidly changing nature of today’s test labs presents users with unique challenges. The complexity and variety of test configurations often lead to longer than necessary test cycles. At the same time, there is an increased pressure to improve the efficiency of lab equipment in order to keep capital expenditures from skyrocketing.
Improve network and application test lab efficiency, speed, and performance
NETSCOUT’S test lab automation infrastructure solutions help users improve their network and application test lab efficiency, speed, and performance. Our TestStream Management Software and nGenius 3900 Series Packet Flow Switch family deliver highly scalable and intelligent solutions offering a unique combination of Layer 1 functionality with the addition of Layer 2-4 features, all offered in a single platform. We enable you to increase the utilization of existing tools and devices under test, reduce the time required to set up and test, and decrease the need for new tools, improving overall lab performance.
Functions of an Optimized Test lab solution from NETSCOUT include:
- Packet Generation: Flexible packet generation across 1/10/40/100G interfaces provides initial testing or background load for complex test scenarios.
- Impairment: Simulate real-world network conditions in a test lab environment. Test streams can be manipulated to introduce realistic network anomalies that are not otherwise available without additional tools.
- Traffic Statistics: Collecting statistics on individual interfaces provides a third-party view to corroborate metrics shown by test tools and DUTs. Statistics are available in real time and collected for post-test analysis.
- Filtering: Based on user selectable criteria, test streams are routed at a packet level based on layer-2-4 header fields. Packets can be routed to specific interfaces or dropped to simulate error conditions.
- Aggregation: Creates a single test stream by combining multiple input sources. Combining test streams from application-specific test tools presents a more realistic scenario to the DUT.
- Rate Conversion: Enables you to connect test tools to DUTs regardless of the interface speed. This functionality increases interoperability and greatly extends the lifespan and utilization of 1/10/40/100G test tools.
- Replication: Allows users to create multiple test streams from a single input source. These replicated streams can be directed to multiple interfaces to increase load on one or more DUTs.
- TAP: Passive tapping helps test engineers diagnose problems that occur during test execution. By delivering real-time packet streams to analysis tools, users can analyze and identify problem conditions without disrupting the test traffic flow.
- Switch: Physical layer switching automates network topology moves, adds, and changes. Connected ports pass unaltered traffic at line rate with no protocol dependencies, optimizing lab operation in a number of ways, including test tool sharing, remote control, and test lab automation.
NETSCOUT’s Test Lab Automation Infrastructure Solutions enable you to improve the efficiency, speed, and performance in your network and application test labs.