UC PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Simplify your UC performance management with real-time visibility into end-to-end service performance for voice and video.
Unified Communications (UC) is all about improving collaboration and boosting business productivity. The successful adoption of UC services, such as VoIP, Video Conferencing, Telepresence, and Desktop Video, assumes that service quality will be sufficient for users to interact effectively and consistently.
Assuring the quality of UC services is not an easy task. UC services are complex and require unforgiving performance levels with always-on availability to meet the high expectations of users and the organization. The reality is that many UC deployments fail to achieve the internal traction desired due to poor user experiences. Underperforming Unified Communications (UC) deployments lead to erosion in savings and productivity due to increased management costs and dissatisfied users.
NetScout simplifies UC performance management. We provide real-time visibility into end-to-end service performance for voice and video sessions that enables powerful analysis and troubleshooting for both proactive and reactive service management tasks.
Providing a service-oriented perspective of delivered UC services, NetScout’s nGenius solutions enable the IT organization to:
- Deliver consistent and reliable service levels for Voice and Video UC services to protect the user experience
- Transform service management from reactive to proactive to predict and prevent emerging service performance issues before users are affected
- Quickly triage and identify underlying root causes of UC service performance problems in both the network and UC service applications
- Simplify managing complex multi-location, multi-vendor UC environments
- Optimize and accelerate new UC application rollouts
NetScout enables the implementation of a unified strategy for managing and optimizing the delivery of UC services to assure service quality and deliver a consistent user experience. IT organizations can take advantage of NetScout’s holistic approach to managing business data and UC services side-by-side and assure reliable, high-quality performance levels for a broad range of real-time UC services including:
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Desktop Video
- Video Conferencing
To assure UC deployment success, the nGenius solutions support new service rollout and ongoing UC service management for enterprise communication and call center environments. NetScout’s vendor independent nGenius solution operates with a broad complement of vendors including Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft Lync, IBM Sametime, and many others, helping to consolidate UC service management for highly complex, multi-location, multi-vendor environments.
NetScout empowers the IT organization to achieve peak operating efficiencies, protects the user experience, delivers consistent and reliable service levels by predicting and preventing performance issues, and simplifies the management of complex, high-performance environments. This helps the IT organization lower the TCO of managing UC services, improving overall IT staff collaboration and productivity.
Products for supporting UC deployments:
- nGeniusONE Service Assurance platform – provides rich and unified insight into all delivered services within a monitored environments. Combining converged network and application metrics, nGeniusONE delivers a unified view into data and UC performance, including the impact that data and UC services can have on each other.
- nGenius UC Server – a specialized UC performance management module that provides deep application-level insight into UC services. nGenius UC Server dynamically measures and extracts granular call and session quality as well as user experience metrics from active UC media streams. Collected metrics are correlated to provide a unique view into UC service behavior for granular per-user, per-session visibility into UC application-level behavior. When deployed as a co-resident application in conjunction with the nGeniusONE Service Assurance platform, the UC Server supports multi-vendor and multi-location UC deployments, and provides real-time, actionable intelligence for IP-based voice and video sessions.