History of Innovations
- Forbes Names NetScout One of America’s Best Small Companies, marking the company’s third time on the publication’s prestigious rankings with previous inclusions in 2012 and 2010.
- NetScout Systems to Acquire Danaher’s Communications Business, comprising Tektronix Communications, Arbor Networks, and certain parts of Fluke Networks.
- Leading Analyst Firm Ranks NetScout as the Top Vendor in the Worldwide Network Management Software and Appliance Market for the second consecutive year with revenue growth nearly four times faster than the overall market.
- NetScout Granted Patent for Adaptive Service Intelligence Technology, which extends NetScout’s more than two decades of leadership and expertise in the performance management market.
- NetScout Delivers Next Generation Service Assurance Platform for Service Providers to Support Multi-Generation Voice, Video, and Data Services with the extension of its nGeniusONE platform to service providers.
- Leading Analyst Firm Ranks NetScout as Top Vendor in the Worldwide Network Management Software and Appliance Market, recognizing the 16.3 percent growth from 2011 to 2012 and outpacing the competition.
- NetScout Transforms Performance Management: Converges APM and NPM into a Single Unified Platform, with the launch of nGeniusONE Unified Performance Management platform.
- NetScout Raises the Bar for Network Monitoring Switches, Significantly Extending Position in the Monitoring Switch Market, with the launch of nGenius 3900 Series packet flow switch.
- NetScout Acquires ONPATH Technologies to Extend Next Generation Network Monitoring Switch Portfolio. ONPATH is an established provider of scalable monitoring connectivity solutions.
- NetScout Selected as Finalist for Public Company of the Year in Light Reading’s Leading Lights 2012 Awards. This award recognizes NetScout for next-generation communications technology, applications, and services.
- NetScout Extends Service Provider Voice Services Support with the Acquisition of Technology from Accanto Systems, an established provider of service assurance products.
- NetScout Systems, Inc. ranked number 396 Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2011 Technology Fast 500, an annual ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and clean technology companies in North America.
- NetScout completes acquisition of Fox Replay BV, a leading provider of session reconstruction and replay technology that enables organizations to perform forensic analysis of end-user action in support of CyberIntelligence.
- NetScout completes acquisition of Psytechnics, a leading provider of performance management technology that enables organizations to proactively assure the user experience for unified communications services.
- NetScout ASI technology awarded Global 2010 Enabling Technology of the Year, for Network Performance and Application Monitoring. The award recognizes NetScout as setting new industry standards for innovation and leadership.
- Introduced Patent-pending Adaptive Service Intelligence™ (ASI) Technology, a transformative real-time Deep Packet Analysis (DPA) engine that allows both enterprises and service providers to more effectively scale the management of the user experience across distributed service delivery environments.
- Extended the nGenius Unified Service Delivery Management Framework with new capabilities for Long-Term Evolution/System Architecture Evolution (LTE/SAE) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC), UMTS, and CDMA2000 networks to better enable mobile operators to manage service delivery and the user experience from a single unified IP service assurance platform.
- Launched the nGenius InfiniStream 7900 Series 10 Gigabit Ethernet appliance providing a 3X increase in packet storage capacity, with increased performance and scale to support subscriber growth and exploding data and multimedia traffic.
- Announced the nGenius Integrated Agent for HP Platforms, a virtualized implementation of the company’s widely deployed nGenius Probe technology that integrates with HP networking solutions to reduce operational costs associated with deploying instrumentation in edge environments and provide always-on visibility into the performance of applications and services across the entire network.
- Integrated the nGenius Solution with the ArcSight Security and Compliance Management Platform, providing security operations staff a new range of advanced early warning alerts to improve situational awareness and rapidly assess the impact of security events.
- Announced the nGenius Service Delivery Manager, a real-time service dashboard that provides unified visibility into end-to-end service delivery in context with how services are delivered and consumed. The dashboard automates the detection of service quality problems and emerging security threats across physical, virtual, and cloud-based services.
- Announced the nGenius Integrated Agent for Cisco Integrated Services Routers, a virtualized implementation of the company’s widely deployed nGenius Probe technology that integrates with Cisco networking solutions to reduce operational costs associated with deploying instrumentation in branch office and edge environments and provides always-on visibility into the performance of applications and services across the entire network.
- Announced the nGenius Integrated Agent, a virtualized implementation of the company’s widely deployed nGenius Probe technology that reduces operational costs associated with deploying instrumentation in edge environments and provides always-on visibility into the performance of applications and services across the entire network.
- Launched the nGenius InfiniStream 2900 Series leveraging the deployment-proven capabilities found in larger, higher capacity nGenius InfiniStream 6900 Series appliances, the 2900 Series appliance has been designed and purpose-built for deployment in areas where there are cost and space constraints and features 500 Gigabytes of storage capacity in a compact 1RU form factor.
- Released Sniffer Global first Enterprise-class Portable Network Analyzer with policy-based security, reporting, and control.
- Integrates Sniffer Global with Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE) for location-based correlation.
- Releases nGenius K2 service-aware dashboard and analytics engine.
- Releases nGenius K2 mNOC mobility for delivery of performance data to Web-based mobile devices.
- Integrates functionality of NetScout and Network General Technology into a unified system.
- Announced integration partnership with Riverbed to provide granular visibility into application and network performance on WAN links instrumented with Steelhead appliances and the nGenius Service Assurance Solution.
- Completes Network General acquisition combining the best of nGenius and Sniffer technologies.
- Released Mobile Network Intelligence Module to better enable mobile operators to resolve issues related to subscriber registration, network latency, dropped packets, and application response times.
- Released Financial Trading Intelligence Module specifically designed for financial trading firms to provide high-definition visibility into trade order flows and use market data feeds.
- Integrates nGenius Platform with HP Network Node Manager adding vital service delivery management capabilities to HP NNM i-series’ comprehensive fault and availability management for a complete view of network health.
- Integrated nGenius Platform with IBM Management Systems, this joint solution helps businesses consolidate event reporting for the network and network infrastructure in a single console.
- Combines deep packet capture and analysis and statistical data monitoring into a single appliance
- Delivers flow-based application anomaly detection system
- Releases high-speed OC-48 PoS WAN Probe
- First to market with 10 Gigabit Ethernet Probe
- Delivered Network Forensic Analysis capabilities
- Delivers support for Cisco NetFlow data
- First high-density T1/E1 Probe
- Adds support for Inverse Multiplexing Over ATM
- Adds support for MPLS-based WAN networks
- Integrated FibreChannel SAN monitoring
- First to introduce URT (Universal Response Time) for measuring active and passive response times
- Delivered CDM technology, unifying application and network performance management
- First to support Gigabit EtherChannel
- First multi-port ATM OC3/OC12 probe
- First to integrate real-time monitoring, protocol analysis, troubleshooting, and historical reporting into a single tool
- First multi-port Packet over SONET probe
- First to introduce Content Response Time (CRT) to monitor Web-based apps
- First to deliver real-time monitoring for converged voice, video, and data traffic
- First end-to-end performance management system for e-business, The nGenius Performance Management System
- First application-aware probe for European WAN, DS3/E3 Frame probe